Signal Design & Operation
Our expertise in traffic signals includes all the specialist skills needed to implement schemes, and to ensure effective operation whether as stand-alone junctions or with coordination as part of networks. Seeing design work through to completion is always important, particularly with innovative traffic signal schemes. We also advise on the control of existing networks and opportunities for improvement. Our involvement can be tailored to suit almost any requirements, and includes the following services:
- Detailed Design Drawings - These can be produced in a flexible way to suit the method of procurement. Traffic signal bills of quantity can also be supplied for inclusion in larger contracts.
- Controller Configuration Forms - In accordance with TR2500A, these can be prepared using the spreadsheet format of MCH1827B. Unusual sequences and other features can be included with special conditioning.
- MOVA enhanced control - We provide the additional design work relating to detector locations and datasets, and can provide post commissioning support including validation and fine tuning.
- Support and Supervision - During installation and commissioning we can provide expert support including factory and site acceptance tests, and dealing with any specific problems.
- UTC or CLF Coordination - Schemes often need to be integrated into existing networks and we can provide network optimum signal timings as fixed cycle time plans for UTC or CLF control.
- SCOOT Coordination - For schemes in SCOOT regions, we can do the additional work needed for full integration. This includes determining detector locations and SCOOT re-validation.
- SCOOT Updating - Our SCOOT expertise means we are well placed to advise on SCOOT development generally, review existing networks, and carry out validation work to ensure best performance.